Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hello Pravin, Goodbye Pravin

Pravin, who has been in Fiji with the peace corps for the last 2 years, had one month back home in Colorado before heading back down again for his year extension. Since it had been so long since we had seen him last, we were excited to travel over to Colorado to say hello, and catch up before having to say goodbye again.

Last Friday morning, Mom and Dad, skipped out of work so we could go to Water World. We had a blast, and little Sam loved everything expect the "journey to the center of the earth" ride, where we descended into a dark tunnel and floated past robotronic dinosaurs. It was a little too much for him.



Then on Saturday, we went to the zoo with Shawn(who also drove out from Utah) and Pravin. It was a blast. Marcia got a wheelchair because it was so hot, she thought she was going to faint. But that is a pretty normal thing for Barrands to do at airports, amusement parks and places like that. It wouldn't even be abnormal to have 2 of us in wheelchairs.

Here are some pics of the crazy animals at the zoo. HEY SHAWN WATCH OUT FOR THAT SNAKE! Here are my best friends. I really love the people in this picture.



Sam loved hanging out with Pravin. He always helped Sam get a good view of the animals, and pushed his umbrella stroller. I love this pic of Sam and Pravin running on the grass at the zoo.



After the zoo, we got to see some other old friends, Tweedo and his fiancée Sarah, as well as Bob Martin and his wife Teresa. Tweedo made a killer BBQ, and then we played some cards. Teresa was a natural, and killed us all at "up and down the river". Sam watched Lilo and Stitch.





After church on Sunday, we had lunch at Pravin's Parent's house. This is must for our family. Every time we go to Colorado, whether Pravin is there or not, we go to his parents house for some amazing authentic Indian food. Its always nice to see his parents, who have been good friends of mine since high school.



After our stomachs were full the time came to say goodbye again. I'm so proud of Pravin and his willingness to serve others. One of his crowing achivements while there was to create a fish pond and a bee hive for a local school, to help teach Fijians learn some life skills and provide substance as well. When he goes back, he will be doing more office work and training new peace corp volunteers. Basically helping to make the world a better place. I'll miss you P!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll miss you too, Bryce. It was soooo good to hang with Marcia and see how much little Sammie has grown. And of course, can't forget about chillin with Shawnie! I am off to the airport in a few hours. On my way back to Fiji, I'll be thinking of my vacation and how blessed I am to have the people I do in my life.
All my love to you, Marcia and Sam.

-P-

Samia said...

Dear friends, Marcinha and Bryce, I´m very happy about the news...a new baby!!! All the best wishes for you and congratulations! You are an amazing family!!!Miss you all, kisses to little Sammie!

Jaime Runyan said...

How cool- I didn't even know you'd gone to Colorado! I am SOOO incredibly jealous you get to eat authenic Indian food with them- Bombay House is Jake and my favorite restaurant! Can you ask them if they have a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala, or sag shorba soup?

Mikidees said...

I'm glad you got to see Pravin, and Shawn, And Bob and Tweedo- That reunion must have been really fun. Did you guys make a movie?